RENTING IT RIGHT
Designed for first-time renters, the course covers both practical and legal topics to consider before deciding to rent.
- Needs and preferences- understanding rental expenses, creating a budget, and thinking about your unique requirements;
- Searching for rental housing;
- Submitting a strong application;
- Signing a tenancy agreement; and
- Moving in.
Find the right place
Throughout the course, you can complete activities to help with your housing search. We provide templates and worksheets to help you:
- Create a monthly budget
- Keep track of the properties you view
- Prepare a list of references
- Write a cover letter
- Order your credit reports
- Find a suitable roommate
- Prepare a pet resume
- Understand rental applications and tenancy agreements
Earn a certificate!
After completing the course and passing the final exam, you will earn a certificate to present to landlords when you apply to rent a place. This demonstrates that you are educated on how to be a good tenant, and is a great option if you do not have references. LandlordBC has endorsed the course, and encourages landlords to recognize the certificate.
Renting it Right is available free at www.RentingItRight.ca. Register today to learn about renting in BC and earn a certificate!