TRAC is a non-profit organization that provides free legal education, representation, and advocacy on residential tenancy matters. A leader in tenants’ rights since 1984, TRAC’s mandate is to enhance legal protections for all tenants living in British Columbia.
TRAC operates based on the following core values:
- Housing should be a basic human right
- All tenants should have security of tenure
- All tenants should have access to free legal aid
- No tenant should be denied access to justice
TRAC’s activities can be broken down into three main categories:
- Legal Education: TRAC offers the following resources to tenants and legal advocates:
- Legal Representation: TRAC provides eligible clients with legal representation at the Residential Tenancy Branch and BC Supreme Court.
- Law Reform: TRAC works with all levels of government to advocate for legislative, policy, and operational changes that will improve the lives of BC tenants.