TRAC is a non-profit organization that provides free legal education, representation, and advocacy on residential tenancy matters. A leader in tenants’ rights since 1984, TRAC’s mandate is to enhance legal protections for all tenants living in British Columbia.
TRAC operates based on the following core values:
- Housing should be a basic human right
- All tenants should have security of tenure
- All tenants should have access to free legal aid
- No tenant should be denied access to justice
TRAC’s activities can be broken down into three main categories:
- Legal Education: TRAC offers the following resources to tenants and legal advocates:
- Legal Representation: TRAC provides eligible clients with legal representation at the Residential Tenancy Branch and BC Supreme Court.
- Law Reform: TRAC works with government to advocate for legislative amendments to the Residential Tenancy Act and operational changes to the Residential Tenancy Branch that will improve the lives of tenants across BC.